Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Class Number 3 Reflection

Wow! We covered a lot in our third class meeting! First of all, I enjoyed hearing the chapter presentations from the poetry and mystery/adventure groups. I saw some really great recommendations of new books to read in these subgenres. My group presents during the next class on historical fiction and history, and I have read some really great books in that subgenre this week as well!

I also enjoyed our discussion of the book, Delirium. It is always interesting to hear what other people think about books. The majority of my classmates enjoyed this novel, and I have begun to realize that one of my favorite subgenres is the utopian/ dystopian society subgenre. It is interesting to think about where our society is headed and how it may be in the future!

Finally, I think my favorite part of the evening was listening to everyone read their "I Was" poems. What wonderful insight into everyone's lives as adolescents! Some of the poems surprised me, and some I could have predicted pretty easily. It was great to learn more about my classmates, especially since we do not get to meet face to face. I can also see the value in letting students write "I Am" poems to get to know themselves and each other. Poetry is a great vessel for expression at any age! I am looking forward to reading some more poetry for this class and posting it in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment