Saturday, March 31, 2012

Class #5 Reflection

I really enjoyed getting to see all of the great work that my classmates have completed during this class! I loved seeing the different booktalks that everyone did, and it was very interesting to see the different avenues that people took to complete their booktalks. I have added to my list of books to read based on the booktalks because they definitely convinced me that they are worthy books to read!

I also enjoyed learning more about the fantasy/ science fiction genre from the last group presentation. Fantasy and science fiction are some of my least favorite genres, but the books that the group presented made me want to give them a try! I do enjoy the Harry Potter series, but I think that they are an exception to the rule!

Hearing everyone's comments about Will Grayson, Will Grayson was also very entertaining! That was definitely a controversial book ,and everyone definitely had strong opinions about the novel. I enjoyed the book, but I could see how some of the content may not be appropriate for all young adults to read. I am looking forward to our next class where we can discuss Catching Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment